Prescriptions for regulating and harmonizing the liver and spleen, as its name implies, is ideal for the treatment of syndromes caused by incoordination between the liver and the spleen, which is mainly manifested as pain and fullness in stomach duct, abdomen, chest, and hypochondrium, mental fatigue, loss of appetite, irregular menstruation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, cold hands and feet, and so on because of stagnation of liver qi, invasion of spleen-earth, or liver-wood exploiting the spleen due to deficient spleen and liver dysfunction. In this case, the commonly uses Chinese herbs include Chai Hu (Bupleurum), Zhi Ke (Fructus Aurantii), Chen Pi (citrus peel), Bai Zhu (White Atractylodes), Fu Ling (Poria), Gan Cao (Licorice Root), etc. to soothe liver and strengthen spleen.
And the typical formulas for regulating and harmonizing the liver and spleen are as follows for your reference.
1. Chai Hu Shu Gan San (Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver)
2. Dan Huang Si Ni San (Moutan and Phellodendron Powder for Frigid Extemities)
3. Hei Xiao Yao San (Black Rambling Powder)
4. Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan (free and easy wanderer plus, relaxx plus extract)
5. Shu Gan Li Pi Tang (Spread the Liver and Regulate the Spleen Decoction)
6. Si Ni San (Frigid Extremities Power)
7. Tong Qi San (Unblock the Qi Powder)
8. Tong Xie Yao Fang (Important Formula for Painful Diarrhea)
10.Yi Gan San (Restrain the Liver Powder)